Writing Effective Status Reports
In today’s business scenario clients are usually at scattered global locations. Organisations need to keep clients up-to-date with the progress of a job. Staying in close communication with bosses and clients and exchanging information about the current position of the job is an important part of the everyday professional work requirement.
A Status Report is a frequent update an employee gives to a manager or client. Status Reports symbolize a critical communication within any reporting relationship across all job functions, industries and company size. Whether or not your boss wants a Status Report, writing one can be a good chance to effectively communicate your accomplishments. A good Status Report will not only help your manager to control the process, but will also help keep you on target with your assignments.
This one-day workshop is aimed at enabling the trainees to write clear and effective reports that will enhance the lucidity of their reporting. Trainees will understand the business impact of report writing and learn how to write effective Status Reports. Trainees will also learn how to distinguish the priority of issues that need to be reported. They will also understand the importance of language usage.
- Purpose of a Status Report.
- Skills needed to write effective reports.
- The important components of a report.
- The management perspective.
- Identifying the information.
- Brief details and key data.
- Writing Status Reports.
What you will gain from this program:
- You will learn how to identify the important aspects of reporting.
- Distinguish between the issues that need to be reported and those that do not.
- You will be able to use proper structure to make your communications more effective.
- You will gain skills to write an effective Status Report.
- Use the tools of Status Reporting in an effective and efficient manner.
- You will be able to recognize and report risks, opportunities and key milestone dates in the project.
- Practical demonstrations.
- Individual Status Report tasks.
- Group sessions and group reports.